In today’s episode I sat down and chatted with Joey Kissimmee. First of all he is a father and husband which are the two most important thing to him. From a business perspective, he hosts a podcast, runs a blog and is a software, iPhone Game and WordPress theme developer. Before he got started down this path, he begun his business online on a part-time basis while working at Walmart for 10 years. The crazy part about his story is that he was actually making twice as much as his full-time salary before he realized that he was building a business. To him, he just was making extra money so he could take his family to the beach and have a good time.
Joey got started on his path to entrepreneurship in the year 2000 by calling a number off a poster that stated, “Learn how to make money online on Ebay”. From that phone call he received a CD-Rom with a training course. He then took that CD-Rom and tried to stick it in the CD Player in his car, his boom box and all types of places except for a computer. That’s right folks, you don’t have to know what you are doing to make a lot of money as a #5to9Warrior, just as long as you get started. Poor Joey lol.
Once he figured it out and bought a computer, he started his online career by selling things on Ebay. After that, he transitioned into selling custom poker tables, joined a MLM and have done a few other things before he got to where he is today as a Software, iPhone Game and WordPress Theme Developer. Joey went from not knowing what a computer is to currently bringing in about $40,000 a month in revenue and we cover how he did it in this interview.
In this episode with Joey Kissimmee we talk about:
- How he built his business while working 10 years at WalMart
- How when he got started he didn’t even know what a computer was
- How being successful can actually be a scary thing
- What was the one thing that made him take entrepreneurship seriously
- What you need to learn first to be successful online
- What is the biggest mistake to avoid when designing an iPhone App
- What is Joey’s secret system to creating a successful app
- What is re-skinning and why you should do it
- Why you should always aim for the low hanging fruit
- What is the best business model to get into right now
- Why you should diversify your income
- We also have a surprise special guest
- and much more…
Cool things mentioned in the show:
- Income Press
- Joey’s Podcast
- Timeline Slicer Pro
- Podcast Artwork Slicer
- Joey’s WordPress Themes
- Joey’s interview on Entrepreneurs-Journey
If you enjoyed this content and want more, make sure to enter your best email below and become a FREE VIP Member for first access to the shows and exclusive content only available to VIP Members.