Have you ever thought about selling stuff online? Since you are reading this I am pretty sure you have and you have good reason to have thought about it. Here are some impressive facts about the internet:
- Sales online equal $400 billion and is growing at 35% per year.
- 1/5th of the world’s population buys online.
- More than 85% of the world’s online population has purchased online.
Unfortunately, a lot of people aren’t taking advantage of that billion dollar marketplace because the idea of selling online can appear overwhelming. What can I sell online? How do I set up a store? Handle inventory? Integrate a store with my website? The questions can go on and on.
Well that’s why I decided to have a conversation with Ryan Roch from BigCommerce to discuss and demystify eCommerce. Bigcommerce is the world’s fastest-growing e-commerce platform, with 30,000+ stores in 65+ countries. Their clients have sold more than $1 billion in 3 years — that’s faster than Amazon or eBay. I said all that to say that they know what they are doing when it comes to selling products and services online.
In this episode we talk about:
- The first thing you should work on when running an online store
- How you can create a side hustle with BigCommerce
- eCommerce Dos and Don’ts
- Why you should keep people on your site
- Why it’s important for your customers to get to know you and your brand
- And much more…
Cool things mentioned in this episode:
- Ryan’s twitter
- Ryan Roch’s Contact Number: 512-628-4493
- Ryan Roch’s Email: ryan.roch(at)bigcommerce.com
- We Are Chicago: The Movement (side project)
If you enjoyed this content and want more, make sure to enter your best email below and become a FREE VIP Member for first access to the shows and exclusive content only available to VIP Members.