Meet Greg Hickman. He is a mobile marketing consultant, entrepreneur, podcast host and cyclist. He’s created and managed mobile marketing programs for brands such as the NY Jets, Florida Marlins, Carolina Panthers, AT&T, Cabelas as well as a network of 300 shopping centers across the country. He advises mobile app startups basically he does a lot but this lot thing he is known for is probably my favorite; he’s a corporate escape artist.
In this interview with Greg Hickman we will talk about:
- Why his boss encouraged him to grow his side hustle.
- How a podcast can actually be useful in getting a job.
- Why you must give yourself a deadline to go full-time
- How his first side hustle failed…horribly
- How to pick the right industry for your side hustle
- “If you want to be an expert you are going to have to be in the trenches for awhile” (Click to Tweet)
- The difference between making money and starting a business.
- How to monetize your platform
- How to start earning side income within the mobile industry
- What he learned from his first membership site that failed.
- What type of fear held him back in the beginning
- What is the one thing he wished he would have done or known before he left his full-time job
- How to establish your leaving credentials
- “No one wants to leap…leaping is scary…I want to create a bridge to make this transition seamless” (Click to tweet)
- “Determine how long you are going to give yourself to reach the criteria to leave and then do everything you can to get to it” (Click to Tweet)
- How the thought of quitting his job made him feel guilty
- Why your business must optimized for mobile and how you can do it
- And much more…
Cool things mentioned in the show:
- Leaving Corporate Podcast
- David Siteman Garland’s Site
- ConversationCast Podcast
- WPtouch pro
If you enjoyed this content and want more, make sure to enter your best email below and become a FREE VIP Member for first access to the shows and the free report that reveals the 9 Resources All Side Hustlers Must have only available to VIP Members.